In this interview we interviewed Omer Faruk Gozel, Trans.Eu Business Development Expert Turkey Market Manager, the largest digital platform in Europe that conquered hearts with the campaign titled “Are we a burden to you anymore” and supplies cargo and vehicles in the past years. Without further ado, let’s move on to our interview.
When Was Trans.eu Founded and What Is Its Position In The Industry?
The company’s history goes back all the way to 2004. These days the company develops one of the most important freight exchanges in Europe and several digital logistics platforms as well as road transport management services that bring together shippers, logistics companies, freight forwarders and carriers. In numbers we have 11 branches across Europe, operating in 45 countries and serving 40 000 customers.
What Is The Purpose of The Trans.eu Startup?
The mission is really simple: to make European road transport smart and fair. We provide transport companies, freight forwarders and shippers with digital tools so they could reduce manual, cumbersome manual labour and streamline transport processes, so the end customers can take business decisions faster Our tools also help verify transport service providers and provide market prices benchmark.
Which Sector Groups Are The Target Audience of The Trans.eu Startup?
Our prime target customers are freight forwarders and hauliers. Both groups use different, dedicated solutions to our system.
What Are The Digitization Steps of Trans.eu Startup From Past to Present?
In 2004 we started with a communication and loadboard tool, and then we upgraded this with transaction and rating features. In 2012 we launched the financial service provider Transcash to support hauliers solve one of their biggest problems which is late payments. In the years 2017-2020, we transformed the business to provide very specific solutions for the different market segments, so now we have dedicated solutions for hauliers, freight forwarders and shippers… By 2022 we have evolved our carrier management to also include a private freight exchange dedicated to freight forwarders, so they could leverage between spot and contracts.
What is The Advantage of The Trans.eu Startup?
We are one of the major transport platforms in Europe, providing the top-end of technology. And connecting more than 40,000 users from Europe all the way to Eurasia. We truly believe to have unmatched tech solutions that can make work easier for the whole transport sector. Our solutions digitize and reduce manual operations and let people maintain the oversight and focus on more strategic tasks and relationship-building with customers and partners.
Can You Give More Detailed Information About Your New Product Trans.eu Private Exchange?
– The new feature was built to completely change the way forwarders work on transport platforms. Our objective was to build a process to greatly speed up communication between forwarders and hauliers while also improving security for the transactions taking place within a given transport assignment.
The feature allows freight forwarders to create their own private freight exchange – an area where they can invite their trusted hauliers to send freight offers and receive bids in a closed and secure environment – not visible on the public freight exchange. If they don´t find suitable hauliers to take the loads, then they can proceed with publishing loads on the public freight exchange to increase their chances to find the capacity.
In this way, the solution closes the gap between the contract and spot markets for freight services.
For large scale forwarders, they can also connect the private exchange with multiple branch locations to utilize the full network of a corporation. We will also make it possible to display the company name on the freight exchange, helping hauliers on the platform to quickly distinguish offers from their trusted forwarder among many other loads on the platform.
To quickly set up the forwarder´s private network, we provide a specific service to actively onboard the selected hauliers and provide them training in how to use the platform. This greatly reduces the time the forwarder needs to take to set up this private haulier network.
With this solution, freight forwarders and shippers can quickly and easily start working on their private freight exchange with their individual haulier network and use our cutting-edge technology for even more efficient carrier management.
What´re more hauliers registered on the Trans.eu platform can also use its the Loads2Go mobile app, to gain easy access to freight offers, communicate in real-time and respond rapidly from any location.
Can you explain the target audience of the Private Exchange product?
This solution is tailored for freight forwarders – any size. Notably for those companies which – in the current volatile market – have problems with capacity crunches and increasing freight costs. Our solutions let our customers easily choose carriers that can offer the best service for fair prices.
What is the Trans.eu Partner program?
– not clear?
What is the importance of logistics and transportation software in the sector?
– As we all know, old habits die hard. Experienced professionals can sometimes use old tools like emails and phones to conclude transport assignments via their personal contacts. This is however quite an analogue process even if it utilizes some “digital tools”. True Transport 4.0 means that the entire transport process from the RFQ to the final delivery of the goods and payment for the service is in one workflow and can be fully controlled seamlessly via one platform. To provide more efficiency, data insights, control and value across the entire organisation of a transport company, it is important to digitalise all aspects of the transport process. To remain competitive, it is vital to leverage technology to eliminate any form of waste and maximise profits.
What are Trans.eu services?
Beyond the private and spot freight exchange, we are a transport platform that comes loaded with a European transport community. Hereby we offer a turnkey solution to manage freight from end to end:
- Tools to check and verify company background, user ratings, insurance and licences
- Freight management and transport execution
- Digital transport process management from inquiry to assignment, including pre-set parameters for automation of freight assignments, according to a forwarder´s requirements.
- Our algorithm assists in finding and matching freight offer with available truck space on the road.
- Smart Pricing
- Our system offers a feature for gaining average market pricing estimates.
live messenger to negotiate and conclude transport orders in real-time on the platform – with an automatic translator into most European languages.
- GPS-based monitoring can be selected to track and trace your hauliers on the road.
- TMS integration:
- While being an open platform, we offer an extensive API integration with other TMS systems. In this way, transport professionals who rely on an existing transport management system can gain enhanced.